1. Service or Services.
"Service" or "Services" means and includes the use of the this Website including any other service, product, membership, offering or notice made available by us through this web site or links on it (collectively, the "Website") or through any and all other communications mediums including but not limited to the Internet, telephone or onsite. Moreover, the definition shall include but not be limited to memberships provided by us, our Marketing Partners, and/or our Vendors under the service or membership option that you have selected, and any other use of the Website. Furthermore, Services may include, both in whole and in part, and may be referred to as "Best Practices Assessment", "Data Backup", "Free Software", "Remote Support", "Onsite Support", "Software Store", "Self Help", "Teleconferencing", "Service Plan", "Warranty", "Extended Warranty", "Security Software".
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. We collect information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
- Registration. In order to use this Web site, you must first complete the registration form. During registration you are required to give your contact information (such as name and e-mail address), and select a unique identifier (i.e. logon name and password).
- Payment Information. If you register to use any of the Services provided by us, we will collect credit card or debit card information, and other payment information necessary to complete a payment from you. We use a third party to process and verify credit cards for billing purposes. This requires us to share your name, credit card number, expiration date and billing address with the credit card processing company. When processing a payment transaction, we will also obtain information regarding the amount of the payment and other transaction data. We may transfer or disclose this payment information to a third party only to the extent necessary in order to complete the payment processing.
- Computer System Information
- TekRemote. The TekRemote tool allows you to grant control of your computer to Experts remotely via the Internet, so that the Experts can diagnose or correct problems. Experts are not allowed to use the TekRemote software until and unless you have consented to its use. In addition, Experts will not use TekRemote tools to obtain confidential or sensitive information stored on your computer or network, deliberately destroy information on your computer or network, or cause you to experience system problems.
- TekLink. The TekLink application collects a wide variety of information about the state of a computer system and the applications on it, which is useful for performing the Service. This information is packaged into a file containing essential details needed by Experts, and it is sent securely via the Internet to the Web’s server. Experts analyze this information to help diagnose and solve end-user problems. Information collected by the TekLink application will not contain any sensitive information such as Web sites visited, e-mail messages, e-mail addresses sent to, passwords, and profiles.
Use of the TekRemote and TekLink applications is also subject to the terms and conditions in the respective software license agreements.
- Live Help Session Records. We reserve the right to monitor on-line and off-line sessions between you and the technical support staff ("Support Staff") for quality control of the Service provided by the Support Staff. In addition, we record all on-line and off-line sessions conducted on the Web site for your reference and to assist in resolution of disputes and/or potential complaints. The session records will also be used to improve the Service, build a support knowledge base, and/or conduct internal market research. Session record data will not be correlated with personally identifiable data about individual customers.
- Cookies. A cookie is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message in a text file called cookie.txt. The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages for them. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site and cannot infringe the privacy of our customers.
- Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track your movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Sharing. We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Surveys and Contests. From time-to-time our site requests information from you via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
3. Parties to whom we disclose Information
For current and former customers, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained in the course of our business except as required or permitted by law. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. In such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared.
This Web site takes every precaution to protect information on users. In order to guard your nonpublic personal information, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our professional standards.
In situations that are required by law, we may disclose some information about our users to law-enforcing officers.
5. SUPPLEMENTATION OF INFORMATION
In order for this Web site to properly fulfill its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from 3rd party sources.
For example, to determine our users' creditworthiness, we may use their name and other related information to request a credit report. Once we determine your creditworthiness, this document is destroyed.
- Special Offers. We send all new members a welcoming e-mail to verify password and logon name. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information. If Your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if You no longer desire the Service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove Your personal data provided to us. This can usually be done at the Profile page.